Congee for the Instant Pot. Lastly, remove the yummy congee from the Instant Pot, then garnish with green onions. *Pro Tip – Extra Toppings: You can easily customize the congee by adding toppings like crispy garlic, fried shallots, roasted salted peanuts, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc. Serve immediately & enjoy the tasty. Instant Pot Congee is a warm and comforting porridge with endless possibilities for fun toppings.
Instant Pot Congee (鸡肉菠菜粥) – This is your perfect one-bowl dinner. It takes only a quarter of the time of the stovetop version. Even waiting for the pressure to release naturally, you'll still finish the dish with half in the time of the.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, congee for the instant pot. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Congee for the Instant Pot is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Congee for the Instant Pot is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Lastly, remove the yummy congee from the Instant Pot, then garnish with green onions. *Pro Tip – Extra Toppings: You can easily customize the congee by adding toppings like crispy garlic, fried shallots, roasted salted peanuts, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc. Serve immediately & enjoy the tasty. Instant Pot Congee is a warm and comforting porridge with endless possibilities for fun toppings.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook congee for the instant pot using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Congee for the Instant Pot:
- Get 3/4 cup (173 g) of Jasmine rice (using standard 250 ml cup) (or white rice).
- Make ready 6.5-7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup).
- Take 5 of – 6 chicken drumsticks (or chicken thighs).
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped/diced.
- Take 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced or puréed.
- Take of Garlic – 2 or more cloves minced.
- Take of Green onions for garnish.
- Get of Salt (to taste).
- Get 2-4 cups of shredded cabbage (SAVE THIS until the very end) this also can be optional.
- Get of Optional: serve with peanuts, crispy garlic, see notes below.
You can make congee on the stovetop, but you have to keep an eye on the pot for several hours. I did this for a while, and This tomato basil soup made from fresh, bold San Marzano tomatoes in the Instant Pot is a quick and easy meal perfect for weeknights or lazy summer. Making congee in the Instant Pot is simple, and much faster than making it the traditional stovetop way. A comforting rice porridge, this dish uses a pantry staple, white rice, and just a handful of other ingredients.
Instructions to make Congee for the Instant Pot:
- Rinse 173g (3/4 standard cup) of rice in the pot under cold water by gently scrubbing the rice with your fingertips in a circling motion. Pour out the milky water, and continue to rinse until water is clear. Drain well. Peel onion and run under cold water so that if the onion is sharp it will not sting your eyes as much when you dice it..
- Add finely chopped onion, minced ginger, minced garlic (I use a pampered chef to assist in my chopping as I am horrible with knives), 5-6 chicken drumsticks and 6.5 – 7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup) into the pot. Do not add salt at this point. (The ratio is 1 cup rice to 9 – 9.75 cups of water).
- Close the lid on the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Then do a Natural Release in the Instant Pot..
- Open the lid carefully. The congee will look watery at this point. At this point, you could add the optional 2-3 cups cabbage. Stir in the shredded cabbage – it will wilt down and cook enough from the residual heat in the pot..
- Heat up the pot (Instant Pot: press Sauté button), stir until desired thickness & consistency. Season with salt..
- If needed, use tongs and fork to separate the chicken meat from the bones (they literally fall off the bone) and remove the chicken bones and skin (if desired). It is better to use chicken or meat with the bone in for nutrients and flavour but it is not a deal breaker if you do not..
- Remove congee from heat and garnish with green onions. You can serve immediately. Please see notes for ideas of what to serve with congee..
- Notes You can easily customize the congee by adding toppings like crispy garlic, fried shallots, roasted salted peanuts, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350F oven or in a pot on the stovetop..
It's also a very inexpensive meal that can be eaten any time of day. Congee 粥 is a type of rice porridge that is warm and comforting. Make this easy chicken congee 雞粥 in your Instant Pot. * Instant Pot Congee is quick and easy to make. It's a one pot chicken and rice Instant Pot meal. Make this jook recipe for breakfast or for dinner.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food congee for the instant pot recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!