Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze. Whisk in liquid smoke, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. The Tasty Grill with Dr Pepper. PagesBusinessesMedia/news companyThe Tasty GrillVideosDr Pepper BBQ Chicken Mac And Cheese.
Tuscan ChickenGrilled Chicken Breast with Tomatoes, Artichokes, Capers, Fresh Basil and Balsamic Vinaigr. Pepper Smoked Chicken: If you like Dr. Pepper and chicken this recipe is for you. You can have Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of large skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1-inch thickness (or 4 boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets).
- It’s of Salt & Pepper to Season.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (sweet or smokey).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil, divided (use olive or canola oil).
- Prepare of Macaroni.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic finely diced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 9 oz of jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil and drain the rest).
- You need 3 of level tablespoons flour.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk OR light cream* or half and half, divided.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dried Italian herbs.
- It’s 3 cups of elbow macaroni uncooked.
- You need 6 of small sweet peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated cheese Cheddar or Gruyere.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped.
- You need of DP BBQ Glaze.
- Prepare 1 can of Dr Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of liquid hickory smoke.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
I did not have any pictures of this step as I already had some glaze made. Depending on how many chickens you have you can decrease or increase this recipe. Pepper and BBQ Sauce is the perfect way to infuse some fun flavors into your Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast! Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe Crockpot BBQ Dr.
Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze instructions
- Chop Sweet Peppers and Mince the garlic cloves..
- Zest one lime and dice up onion.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, add Dr Pepper, Tomato Paste, liquid smoke, salt and pepper, and brown sugar. Stir to slight boil and reduce heat set aside..
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large (30cm or 12-inch) pot or pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Transfer into oven at 250° and continue to bake until 175°-180° internal temp. Remove and let rest..
- In a new pan, add the butter and fry the onion and garlic until the onion becomes transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes). Pour in the chicken broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, or until beginning to reduce down..
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato oil from the jar and cook for 1-2 minutes to release as much flavour as possible. Then add in sweet peppers. Glaze a bit with cream..
- Stir the flour into the pot and allow to cook for a further minute. Then, add the broth, 2 1/2 cups of milks (or cream/half and half), herbs, salt and pepper, and bring to a very low simmer (lower the heat if you need to)..
- Add the dry macaroni and stir occasionally as it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat down to medium low and stir regularly while it cooks (for about 9 – 10 minutes), or until the sauce thickens and the macaroni is just cooked (al dente: tender but still firm)..
- Take the pot off the stove and stir all of the cheese in quickly. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce it too thick, add the remaining 1/2 cup milk (or cream) in 1/4 cup increments, until reaching desired thickness. Keep in mind the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools..
- Slice the chicken into strips and place on top of macaroni. Glaze with sauce. Sprinkle with lime zest, Serve immediately!.
A recipe that takes hardly any effort, cooks your pork low and slow, and delivers amazing flavor… yup, this recipe is. cups Dr. Baste chicken. *This can be done on grill outside too, or oven. This sauce is enough for two whole chickens, halved. How do I make the dr pepper glaze bbq sauce? I got a rotisserie chicken cooker.