Rigatoni w/ Green Peppers, Italian Sausage and Garlic.
You can have Rigatoni w/ Green Peppers, Italian Sausage and Garlic using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rigatoni w/ Green Peppers, Italian Sausage and Garlic
- It’s 1 box of Rigatoni.
- It’s cup of hot water.
- You need 1 of italian seasoning (garnish).
- It’s of Sauce Ingredients.
- It’s 1 packages of Hot Italian Sausage (links or in a roll).
- You need 1 of green pepper (chopped).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves (diced).
- It’s 1 can of red pasta sauce (preferably francisco rinaldi's traditional or marinara).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 2 pinch of ground cinnamon.
Rigatoni w/ Green Peppers, Italian Sausage and Garlic step by step
- Boil a pot of hot water for pasta (optional-add salt)..
- Add rigatoni to boiled water and stir occasionally for 11-13 minutes..
- In a skillet, add a cup of water to medium heat, then add Italian sausage..
- Cover sausage when it starts to sizzle for five mintues and let simmer..
- Uncover sausage and return heat on medium high to brown for six minutes. Keep uncovered..
- Turn sausage over for another six to seven minutes or remove when fully brown. Save some of the sausage juice in pan..
- Place cooked sausage on a plate to cool down, then cut into quarter sized pieces. Keep sausage covered and warm..
- In a small saute pan, add olive oil to medium high heat until sizzling, then add chopped garlic and green pepper. Cook for about three minutes. Remember to stir occasionally..
- Place the cut up sausage back into its pan and reheat on medium heat..
- Add the cooked garlic, onions, and olive oil drippings to the sausage and mix well for three minutes. Add a couple pinches of ground cinnamon..
- Pour pasta sauce over sausage and mix well. Let sauce simmer uncovered stirring frequently until piping hot..
- Mix cooked rigatoni with sauce thoroughly and serve!.