Baked Mac and Cheese with tomatoes.
You can cook Baked Mac and Cheese with tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Mac and Cheese with tomatoes
- It’s 1 box of campenelle pasta or elbows..shells etc. (I love the way camponelle looks in this dish).
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese (half a block).
- You need 2 cup of sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 2 cup of mild cheddar and colby blend.
- It’s 2 of heirloom tomatoes sliced (I found them at Walmart!).
- Prepare 1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
Baked Mac and Cheese with tomatoes step by step
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions and drain.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter, add flour stirring to make a roux..
- Add milk, stir until thickened..
- Add cream cheese, stir to melt.
- Add the rest of your cheese reserving about a cup for top, stir until melted.
- Butter a glass baking dish, add the pasta and pour over the cheese sauce. Mix well..
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes over the cheese.(I sprinkled salt and pepper over the tomatoes).
- Melt the rest of the butter, mix in bread crums.
- Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes uncovered.