Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. My version uses a combination of cheeses for a gloriously cheesy dish! You'll love this ultra creamy mac and cheese recipe!
I've also shared lots of extra tips. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper. You can have Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese
- It’s 2 cup of Macaroni Pasta.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of white american cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mild cheddar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/3 cup of garlic herb bread crumbs.
I used three different cheese and a homemade cheese sauce to take this macaroni and cheese recipe. For the full Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions, please visit our recipe page on Inspired Taste. Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. I mixed the bread crumbs with melted butter and spread it on top of the mac and cheese and it browned in the oven.
Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Cook pasta 2-3 minutes less than called for, drain, set aside..
- In a saucepan, melt butter with salt and pepper..
- Once melted, add flour and stir until smooth. Let cook for 1 minute..
- Add milk and wine, bring to a boil while whisking..
- Add cheeses and stir until melted..
- Pour over cooked pasta and add to the greased dish..
- Combine the bread crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl..
- Sprinkle topping over pasta and bake uncovered for 30 minutes..
- Adapted slightly from the following: http://mommyimhungry.blogspot.com/2011/08/cheesy-macaroni-and-cheese.html?m=1.
But I feel like Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese is just the right thing to do. It's an EXCELLENT vegetarian option if you have guests coming that don't like turkey. The cheese sauce is uber cheesy and creamy. The buttered panko topping gives it that extra crunch you're looking for. Baked mac and cheese: If you have a little extra time, you can bake the macaroni and cheese to give it a golden crust.