Chicken kabsa. Chicken kabsa – Turn your next dinner into a feast with this Arabian style chicken and rice. Spiced grilled chicken and flavorful rice makes this the ultimate choice for any special occasion. Kabsa (Arabic: كبسة kabsah) is a mixed rice dish that originates from Saudi Arabia but is commonly regarded as a national dish in many Arab states of the Arabian Gulf.
Some fresh pita bread on the side would be nice also. Chicken Kabsa – an exotic Saudi rice dish served with raisins and almonds. So, I turned to the Middle East for inspiration and I found out about Kabsa – كبسة.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken kabsa. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken kabsa – Turn your next dinner into a feast with this Arabian style chicken and rice. Spiced grilled chicken and flavorful rice makes this the ultimate choice for any special occasion. Kabsa (Arabic: كبسة kabsah) is a mixed rice dish that originates from Saudi Arabia but is commonly regarded as a national dish in many Arab states of the Arabian Gulf.
Chicken kabsa is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Chicken kabsa is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken kabsa using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken kabsa:
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Get 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 cup of onioms diced.
- Take 1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 cup of diced green pepper.
- Make ready 2 of peeled and grated carrots.
- Make ready 1 kg of chicken thighs and legs with bone in.
- Get 2 of green chilli.
- Make ready 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take of few black pepper corns.
- Take 1 of dried lime.
- Take 1 of and half cinnamon stick.
- Make ready 3 cups of basmati rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of jannahs kabsa spice blend.
- Make ready of for the kabsa side sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato.
- Take half of green pepper.
- Take 1 of garlic clove.
- Get 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take of large pinch of cumin.
- Prepare of large pinch of mint.
- Make ready of broth from the chicken.
It is a rice based dish served in. Chicken kabsa is a traditional spiced rice dish originating from Saudi Arabia. Famous for a good reason: rich chicken flavor, fragrant spice, sweetness from shredded carrots and raisins. Kabsa is a traditional Saudi rice dish.
Instructions to make Chicken kabsa:
- In very large a pan add the oil and butter over a medium heat and add the minced garlic and onions and sautee for a few minutes add salt and black pepper to taste cook till oniond turn golden and transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green pepperand sautee for 3 to 4 minutes till they have cooked down a little.
- Add the kabsa spice and mix for 1 minute till all ingredients are mixed well..
- Add the chicken pieces skin side down on top of the tomato and oniom mixture make sure the meat gets a good colour you can add a little more oil if needed at this stage add the green chilli and the tomato puree and mix till covered for 1 minute.
- Add the grated carrot and add 4 to 5 cups of water and add the whole spices I.e peppercorns cinnamon sticks bay leaves and mix together bring to the boil and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes till chicken is cooked (tip we dont want the meat falling of the bone).
- After 25 to 30 minutes remove chicken from the stock chicken must be tender add to a oven proof dish and place the chicken in the oven and bake till chicken gets a nice golden colour and skin is crispy.
- Measure 5 cups of stock threw a sieve but reserve the vegetable from the stock and place to one side also reserve half a cup of stock for the sauce mix later.
- Add to a very large pot the reserved vegetable mixture I.e the onions,tomatoes, chilli and carrot add to the pot and add 3 cups of washed basmati rice and mix.
- Add 5 cups of the sieved stock to rice and veg mixture and bring to the boil once boiling lower thr heat and simmer and cover the pot for 18 to 20 mind or till rice has fully cooked.
- Chicken shoukd be golden and crispy by now.
- Prepare the side sauce for the rice in a food processor blend the tomatoes and peppers and onion till smooth.
- In a saucepan heat the oil qnd add the tomato paste abd chilli and cook for q few minutes to get the acid out the tomato paste.
- Add the tomato and onion and pepper mixture to the pan and mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Add a large pinch of cumin and dried mint and mix and had half cup of the reserved broth from the chicken earlier mix and simmer till you get a good consistency like a soup mixture then set aside in a serving bowl.
- The rice is now cooked so now assembled the kabsa fluff up the rice on a serving dish add the chicken in a decorative way on top of the rice if you wish you can toast sum almonds and scatter on top and serve the rice along side the tomatoes sauce bon appetite.
Chicken Kabsa Recipe can be made with many variations. Kabsa and Majboos are similar rice dishes popular in the Gulf countries especially Saudi Arabia. Kabsa is made of chicken that is slowly simmered in a spicy broth of tomatoes and spices. This chicken is then removed and either fried or grilled while the broth is used to cook the rice. Chicken Kabsa. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken kabsa recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!