Chicken Divan, My Version. This chicken divan is a delicious way to dress up chicken, and it is perfect to serve for a special occasion or dinner party. A while back I did a little tribute to Second, I switched out the canned cream of chicken soup for a homemade version, made with a little flour-butter mixture (AKA roux), milk and. Instead, chicken divan is one of those meals that you make so that you can put a hot, convenient, reasonably healthy meal on the table for your family.
My fiance loves Chicken Divan and I was so happy to see this healthier version. I also appreciate all of the other comments and that you answer. Classic Chicken Divan is the perfect one-dish meal for those busy weeknights.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken divan, my version. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This chicken divan is a delicious way to dress up chicken, and it is perfect to serve for a special occasion or dinner party. A while back I did a little tribute to Second, I switched out the canned cream of chicken soup for a homemade version, made with a little flour-butter mixture (AKA roux), milk and. Instead, chicken divan is one of those meals that you make so that you can put a hot, convenient, reasonably healthy meal on the table for your family.
Chicken Divan, My Version is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Divan, My Version is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken divan, my version using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Divan, My Version:
- Prepare 1 of FOR CHICKEN.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4 inche slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream combined with 1teaspoon lemon juice.
- Take 1/2 cup of flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Take 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Make ready 1 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 lb of fresh broccoli cooked in boiling salted water until crisp tender.
- Prepare 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- Get 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Get 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Get 3 tbsp of flour.
- Get 3 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Make ready 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt only if needed.
- Make ready 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Make ready 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Take 1 of FOR TOPPING.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, I used a blend of pepper jack and sharp cheddar.
This version gets lightened up but still retains its savory flavor. This delicious Chicken Divan casserole is made with rice, broccoli, chicken and a creamy curry sauce. It's a healthier version of the traditional chicken divan casserole, and your family will LOVE it! This chicken divan is a paleo version of a comfort food classic!
Steps to make Chicken Divan, My Version:
- Line a heatproof platter with cooked broccoli..
- Combine flour,parmesan cheese, cajun seasoning, pepper and salt. Brush chicken lightly with sour cream, add to flour/ cheese mixture shaking off excess. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and sear chicken, turning once until golden and cooked through Remove chicken as done to top broccoli on platter…
- Preheat oven broiler to high, have your rack about 3 inches from broiler..
- Into skillet where chicken was cooked make sauce. melt butter, add onion and garlic and soften, add flour and whisk 2 minutes, it will be thick, add all sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth, bring to a boil and cook until thickened to a sauce consistancy..
- Top chicken with sauce, evenly top with shredded cheese..
- Place under broiler and heat until cheese melts and all is hot..
- Serve with crusty bread or rolls..
It's dairy-free, gluten-free, and AIP compliant. Chicken divan is a classic comfort food casserole! It's made with cubed chicken, broccoli, a creamy sauce, and a crunchy and cheesy topping. So much better than cream soup version of chicken divan. Chicken divan (or turkey divan, a dish I've actually come across more often–is an excellent way to use broccoli in cooked dishes.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken divan, my version recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!