cheese grits. In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil before adding the grits. Reduce the heat to low and stir while they thicken. These are the BEST grits ever!!!
These are the most perfect Cheese Grits from Delish.com. Grits might just be the easiest, most comforting dish to make. Whisk butter, whole milk and sharp cheddar together with ground cornmeal for Alton Brown's creamy Cheese Grits recipe from Good Eats on Food Network. You can cook cheese grits using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of cheese grits
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1 cup of grits.
This Southern classic is perfect as a side dish, loaded up as a main dish, or served as breakfast! Classic southern Cheese Grits – Creamy grits with cheddar cheese and a hint of garlic. Part of many a southern breakfast. Cheese Grits Casserole is a Southern favorite and this version is the best!
cheese grits instructions
- boil water and broth add salt butter stir in grits wisk you want no lumps boil till liquid gets low turn off and cover let sit for 20 minutes.
- thank you vic20adamant for noticing I forgot how much grits to be used.
We use Cheddar cheese and a little half-and-half with eggs to make it rich and creamy. Cheesy grits are a wonderful accompaniment to roast meats and vegetables; or try them with poached eggs for breakfast. Reviews for: Photos of Cheese Grits. Instant pot cheese grits are perfect for breakfast, or as a side item to your favorite seafood. To make garlic parmesan cheese grits, I add some garlic powder to the mixture above prior to cooking.