North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits. For many generations, pecans have been grown on family homesteads in North Carolina for both food and profit. Today, pecans are still grown in North Carolina for income and enjoyment, predominately in the southeastern part of the state. Growing pecans requires patience and a long-term commitment.
North Carolina – Gymnopilus aeruginosus – Gymnopilus junonius – Gymnopilus luteofolius – Panaeolus cinctulus – Psilocybe cubensis – Psilocybe caerulipes – Psilocybe plutonia. The climbing in North Carolina is spread across the state and divided into several distinct regions. From the tobacco fields of the Piedmont to the dramatic gorges in the High Country to the granite walls of the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains; if you are west of Raleigh you are probably close to amazing. You can cook North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits
- You need of Gouda Grits.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Riverview Farms grits.
- It’s 2 oz of grated Gouda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need of Trout with Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans.
- You need 16 oz of fresh trout filets.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of pecan pieces.
- It’s 2 oz of oyster mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cinnamon ground.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin ground.
- You need 1/10 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 8 each of cherry tomatoes, halved.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Oyster mushrooms are native to Europe, North America, and Asia and have been growing wild since ancient times. Of all mushrooms commonly consumed, oyster mushrooms in the genus Pleurotus stand out as exceptional allies for improving human and environmental health. Oyster mushrooms are native to both deciduous hardwood and conifer tree species.
North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits step by step
- Combine milk, water, salt, and pepper in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer, while occasionally stirring, over medium heat. Slowly stir in the grits with a whisk, then continue to stir until they return to a simmer..
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook 25-30 minutes. Season the trout with salt and pepper..
- Continue stirring grits along the bottom of the pot every 5 minutes or so with a whisk and/or flat-edged wooden spoon to avoid scorching the pot. Once grits have cooked fully, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let rest on the stove for another 15-20 minutes..
- While grits are resting, heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, and heat until shimmering..
- Add trout skin-side down. Cook without turning or moving until the fish is mostly cooked through and well-browned and crisp on the skin side. Move to a plate, skin-side up, and set aside..
- Add pecans to the trout pan and toast/brown for 1-2 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms, butter, and spices. Cook while stirring 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Push everything to one side, then return fish to the pan, skin-side up. Turn off the heat..
- Add the grated Gouda and butter to the grits, stirring well to melt and combine, then adjust the consistency with a little more milk or water if needed. The grits should be viscous but should still “stand up” on the plate..
- Top trout with the oyster mushroom and pecan mixture and serve alongside a helping of Gouda grits. Enjoy!.
Vegan king oyster mushroom scallops are coated in Cajun spices, pan seared and served with creamy grits, juicy tomatoes, and chard to make this The mushroom scallops are tender and full of flavor, thanks to some spicy Cajun blackening seasoning. I decided to go total comfort food meal and. Chicken saute with mushrooms, peppers and zucchini closeup on a. Saute with mushrooms, eggplant, aubergines and basil. Saute cauliflower mixed with mushrooms, Indonesian homemade food.