Smokey Meatball Pasta Bake.
You can cook Smokey Meatball Pasta Bake using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smokey Meatball Pasta Bake
- You need of Meatballs.
- It’s 500 g of Beef Mince.
- It’s 100 g of Fresh Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Wholegrain Mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Rapeseed Oil.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 of Small Onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 of Carrots (grated).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- You need of Chopped Tomatoes 400g Tin.
- You need 4 tbsp of Tomatoes Puree.
- You need 200 ml of red wine.
- You need 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1 of Star Anise (Whole).
- Prepare of To Finish.
- It’s 400 g of Pasta.
- It’s 100 g of Oak Smoked Cheddar.
- Prepare 100 g of Mature Cheddar (grated).
Smokey Meatball Pasta Bake step by step
- For the meatballs, add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine with a fork. Using your hands form into balls, mine were around 30-40g each, just smaller than a golf ball. In a large, deep frying pan add the oil and bring up to a medium high heat. Seal the meatballs and remove from the pan. Reduce the heat to medium. Add a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil… ready for your pasta later..
- For the sauce add the onions, carrot, garlic and star anise to the same pan. Fry these ingredients until they start to brown around 5 – 10 minutes, adding a little more oil if needed. Next, add the redwine and deglaze the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. This is a good time to add your pasta to you boiling water. Also preheat your oven to 200c..
- Add the smoked paprika, chopped tomatoes and tomato puree to your frynimg pan and cook for 10 mins on a medium high heat. Keep working the sides and bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. The sauce should be darker in colour which signals its ready for the final step. You can add a splash of pasta water to loosen up the sauce if needed..
- Drain your cooked pasta and add to your sauce along with your meatballs. Mix together to coat everything in your sauce. Top with the cheeses and set im the oven for 20 mins until golden brown on top..