BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits. New Orleans Native Charlie Andrews Demonstrates on how to make his delicious shrimp and grits. There's a lot of shrimp and grits recipes out there but there'. Shrimp and Grits in Central Business District.
Recipe by Ralph's on the Park. Combine the grits, chicken stock, heavy cream, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper in a pot. Still need a New Orleans restaurant for your group? You can have BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits
- You need of for the shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- It’s 1 lb of Andouille Sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch.
- You need 1 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 stick of stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of for the grits.
- It’s 1 cup of grits.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef or chicken broth, low sodium + extra to thin grits as they cook.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of blk pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
I simply started with New Orleans Inspired BBQ Shrimp recipe and added a few touches before serving it over a creamy bowl of grits. It was fantastic, and the perfect simple and delicious creole meal to try. Shrimp & grits is popular all over the U. South, and I couldn't resist it during Commander Palace's excellent jazz brunch.
BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits step by step
- In a large pot bring all liquids to boil, add butter and seasonings.
- Slowly stir in grits while whisking nonstop for about two minutes..
- Reduce heat to low and cook grits, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes..
- Adding extra broth as needed to keep the grits thin. Add cheese and whisk well, add more broth if needed..
- To prepare the shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, season with all the spices and set aside..
- In a large saute pan add butter and olive oil over medium high heat, add all the vegetables, except garlic and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute more..
- Add andouille sausage and saute about 10-15 minutes, until browned. Add shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes are until no longer pink..
- Serve on top of hot grits…yes sir!.
It was a great decision–a creamy bowl of goat cheese stone-ground grits, sauteed onions, leeks, roasted mushrooms, tomatoes, and wild Louisiana shrimp. A seafood dish that's just as unique as its name. Shrimp and grits is a Southern dish everyone—regardless of where you're from—should know how to make. Ours is the best for the following the reasons. Ours has a ton of cheddar, which gets mixed in with butter at the very end.