Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake. This simple baked butternut squash is easy to make, delicious to eat, and looks beautiful on the plate. After baking in the oven I removed the skin and then covered it with butter, sea salt, fresh pepper, sprinkled brown sugar over it, and placed it back in the oven under the broiler just long. Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Butternut squash II Baked Chicken.
Baked chicken legs and chicken leg quarters are the ultimate in effortless, budget-friendly cooking. Light oil on the pan. can add any roastable vegetables or potatoes. tomatoes peppers, sweet potatoes squash. This chicken and potato bake is a great way of using up leftover roast chicken or turkey.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This simple baked butternut squash is easy to make, delicious to eat, and looks beautiful on the plate. After baking in the oven I removed the skin and then covered it with butter, sea salt, fresh pepper, sprinkled brown sugar over it, and placed it back in the oven under the broiler just long. Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Butternut squash II Baked Chicken.
Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake:
- Get 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- Take 8 of chicken thighs with bones and skins left on.
- Make ready 3 of red onions, sliced.
- Take 1 of leek, sliced.
- Get 1 of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Make ready 700 ml of vegetable stock. I use “Marigold” bouillon powder. Sometimes I use 250ml of dry white wine and 500 ml of stock. It’s fine both ways!.
- Take 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Take 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- Get 4 tbsp of crème fraîche or 0-fat Greek yoghourt.
- Take Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Just mix it in with bacon, herbs and potatoes. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and bacon and cook gently until onion is softened. Place butternut squash halves cut-side up, on a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and place a teaspoon of butter in the middle of each squash and season as desired.
Instructions to make Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, for Circotherm ovens 160C)..
- Heat the oil on the hob in a large roasting tin and, in batches, quickly brown the chicken thighs. Set aside..
- Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes, add the leek, chili and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the flour to mix well and fry for a further minute..
- Stir in the stock and then the Cajun seasoning. Return the chicken thighs to the tin, stirring well to ensure the thighs are coated by the mixture..
- Bring to the boil, stirring whilst doing so, and then transfer the roasting to the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Whilst this is cooking, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut it into bite-sized chunks..
- When the 30 minutes is up, add the potatoes and butternut squash to the roasting tin, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked..
- Quickly stir in the crème fraîche and then the coriander and season to taste..
- Serve immediately, piping hot onto warmed plates..
I learned this way of cooking chicken in culinary school. Place butternut squash, potatoes and onion in foil-lined pan. Peel, seed and roughly chop the butternut squash. Mash the cooked squash with a potato masher then stir in a generous knob of butter and the grated orange zest, to taste. Butternut squash is one of our favorite fall staples.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!