Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie. Looking for an easy, delicious, and different dish to whip up for Christmas dinner? Check out our chicken, ham and mushroom pie recipe below! Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
This chicken pie recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. My chicken and mushroom pie is proper comfort food.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken ham and mushroom pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Looking for an easy, delicious, and different dish to whip up for Christmas dinner? Check out our chicken, ham and mushroom pie recipe below! Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken ham and mushroom pie using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie:
- Take 200 g of cubed roasted gammon.
- Make ready 3 of boneless chicken thighs.
- Make ready 150 g of mushrooms.
- Make ready 1 pack of ready rolled pastry.
- Take 2/3 pint of bechamel sauce (see other recipie).
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken gravy granules.
- Get 2 tsp of thyme.
- Make ready 1 oz of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg to glaze pastry top.
Encased in buttery puff pastry, and made extra special with a sprinkling of bacon, it's a family mealtime Next we slice up mushrooms and add them into the pan with the sealed chicken and some cooked bacon. Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice to. Try this Slimming World easy chicken, ham and mushroom pie recipe and be amazed at how tasty they are! Super-tasty pies in three simple steps!
Steps to make Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie:
- In a frying pan add the butter and mushrooms. Chop the chicken thighs to bite size chunks and add them to the pan. Add the thyme..
- In a separate pan make the bechamel up. Don't forget to season it with black pepper and a dash of nutmeg. Stir in the chicken gravy granules. Pour in the chicken and mushrooms pan as well as the chopped gammon chunks and stir together..
- If you need a really substantial pie filling you could add some diced carrot or some frozen peas to the pie filling to bulk it out..
- Assemble the pie and glaze it with a beaten egg. Sometimes I let my youngest make some pie decorations with pastry trimmings. My pie dish works better for me if I use a pie whistle to support the centre, as well as making steam holes in the top..
- Bake off in the oven for 35 is minutes (when the pastry has come to look golden brown). Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5 mins before you serve. I put this with mash and some vegetables such as sweetheart cabbage..
Top with mashed potato instead of pastry, if you prefer, for pies that are just ½ Syn each. This chicken and mushroom pie is a great comfort food option all year round. It'll keep you warm in the colder, winter months and will keep you fuller for longer in the spring sunshine. And how about trying this delicious turkey and ham pie perfect for using up all of your Christmas day leftover meats! Make this chicken, ham and mushroom pie on a lazy weekend.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken ham and mushroom pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!