Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce. Homemade Gnocchi and Pesto Cream Sauce. There is nothing like homemade pasta. The gnocchi (or potato dumplings) are so light and airy that they melt in your mouth and the rich and nutty pesto cream sauce is the perfect compliment for this impressive dish.
Gnocchi (plural) are Italian dumplings that are made with potatoes and flour, then boiled like pasta until they're fluffy pillows of goodness. Toss this gnocchi in a herby pesto sauce and you will be eating the best low carb pasta of your life. Must see my video on Gnocchi with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cream Sauce https Another way to add variety to this dish is to add alfredo sauce rather than pesto. You can cook Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce
- It’s 900 grams of floury potatoes.
- It’s 200 grams of flour +more if needed and for dusting.
- It’s 2 of beaten eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 200 ml of creme fraiche.
- It’s 2 tbsp of store-bought basil pesto.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely grated parmesan cheese.
For a third variation you can add a little bit of tomato sauce to heavy whipping cream to make a tomato cream sauce. This is a quick and easy recipe for potato gnocchi with chicken and mozzarella cheese in a pesto sauce. Quick recipe that can be made with prepared gnocchi and pesto, plus chicken breast and fresh mozzarella. Very easy; so easy, I'm sure it borders on a non-recipe.
Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to high.
- Pierce the skins of the scrubbed and dried potatoes and if possible put them on metal skewers and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes, turning them over halfway through..
- Take potatoes out and let cool a little before peeling (if necessary, protect your hands with a tea towel while doing this).
- Put the potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl.
- Mix in the eggs and salt, then gradually mix in most if the flour to make a soft but firm dough.
- Put dough on a floured surface, divide into four pieces, then roll each piece into a long sausage and cut into short pieces and place pieces onto floured baking trays.
- Have a pan of salted water on to boil.
- Mix together the creme fraiche and pesto in a small bowl.
- When the water is boiling, cook the gnocchi in batches (it is done when it rises up to the top of the water).
- Add pesto sauce and cooked gnocchi together in another pan, and mix together. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve, sprinkled with grated parmesan..
This Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce, also called Gnocchi al pesto, falls perfectly in to the category of "quick and easy". Boil the gnocchi using package directions. Then mix it with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle some parmesan and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Gnocchi in pesto cream sauce is an Italian/American classic.