Sweet Potato Gnocchi. Sweet Potato Gnocchi. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sweet Potato Gnocchi. featured in Vegetarian Meals For The Day. Gnocchi are something you probably order all the time at restaurants but never think about making from scratch.
These Vegan Sweet Potato Gnocchi are a great twist to your regular Potato Gnocchi. Did you know that sweet potatoes are healthier for you than white potatoes are. This Vegan Sweet Potato Gnocchi served with flavorful roasted tomatoes and dairy-free parmesan cheese is the ultimate comfort food! You can have Sweet Potato Gnocchi using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- You need 1 of large sweet potato.
- You need 250 gms of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 200 gms of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter unsalted.
- Prepare handful of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 tspn of oregano.
Sweet potato gnocchi is both gluten-free and paleo and topped with a delicious sage walnut pesto. The gnocchi is made with sweet potatoes, almond flour, arrowroot flour and an egg. You can make this with classic potato gnocchi instead of sweet potato, swap in your favorite flavor of fully-cooked chicken sausage, or reach for another variety of pesto. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Bacon Butter – Food Wishes.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi step by step
- Wash and clean a large sweet potato and make Long slanting cut marks on the surface.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp oil and bake it at 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and deskin along the cut marks created before baking the potato.
- Place it in a bowl and mash it well.
- Add parmesan cheese,1 egg, salt to taste and flour to it and mix well(keep 2 tbn cheese aside for garnishing).
- Knead into a soft dough without using any oil or water.
- Sprinkle some flour on the working table and Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll each ball into slim cylindrical logs.
- Chop small pieces out of each logs.
- Using an inverted fork head, create the Classic gnocchi design over each piece by rolling them over.(Optional).
- Boil them using 2 cups water till each floats on the surface.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Melt butter and chopped sage leaves in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the boiled gnocchi’s and shallow fry till crisp and take of heat.
- Garnish with 2 tsp oregano,chopped parsley,2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese.Now it's ready to serve..
Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter and Mushrooms. My sweet potato and ricotta gnocchi recipe just takes a little time and patience. Trust me, you got Unlike regular potatoes, sweet potatoes aren't nearly as starchy and it takes quite a bit of flour (and. Sweet potatoes are definitely an up and comer in the food world, and with good reason. Sweet potatoes make these plump orange dumplings a bit sweet and full of antioxidants.