Gougères. A gougère (pronounced [ɡuʒɛʁ]), in French cuisine, is a baked savory choux pastry made of choux dough mixed with cheese. The cheese is commonly grated Gruyère, Comté, or Emmentaler, but there are many variants using other cheeses or other ingredients. These airy French cheese puffs, flavored with Gruyere cheese and a hint of nutmeg, make phenomenal hors d'oeuvres.
To Begin to make Gougères you must first make Pâte à Choux, aka Choux Pastry. Add some cheese et voila! you got gougères. Unlike puff pastry, choux pastry is a CINCH to make! You can cook Gougères using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gougères
- It’s 50 g of flour.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- Prepare 20 g of water.
- You need 40 g of almond milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 30 g of gruyère cheese.
- Prepare 40 g of dried mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 3 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of sesame seed (optional).
Gougères sizes: Make the gougères any size that appeals to you. Teaspoon scoops are a fun party snack or soup topper, while double-sized gougères are nice for making sandwiches or as part of a. Gougères, or French Cheese Puffs, are light and airy, cheese-filled pastry bites with a crisp outside French Cheese Puffs. After you have your basic Pâte à Choux, it's time to turn it into Gougères by.
Gougères step by step
- In a saucepan, add in water, almond milk and butter. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the butter is melted and the liquid boils..
- Turn off the heat. Sieve in flour to the saucepan and mix well until and dough is formed..
- Now, turn on the heat and cook the dough over medium heat. Remember to flip the dough during heating to make sure it cooks evenly. Cook the dough for 1-2mins..
- After that, transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Let the dough cool for 2-3mins. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a separate bowl..
- Add half of the egg mixture into the dough and mix well. When all the egg is combined, add the rest of the egg. In order to have a right consistency of the choux paste, egg should be added little by little in the last stage..
- When you lift up the dough by a wooden spoon and it forms a triangular shape, the dough is ready..
- Add in black pepper and mozzarella cheese to the dough and mix well. Transfer the batter into a pastry bag. Preheat the oven to 190C..
- Put baking paper on baking tray, pipe out the batter into 4 cm diameter circle. Then top with gruyère cheese and sesame seeds..
- Bake the choux at 190C for the first 20 mins. Then, lower the temperature to 170C and bake for another 20 mins. Then, Gougères are ready !.
Gougeres are delicate savory cheese puffs made with Gruyere cheese. The perfect hors d'oeuvre for your Nothing like a batch of fresh cheesy Gougeres right out of the oven! Gougères are traditional cheese puffs made with either Emmenthal, Comté or Gruyère cheese. These little luxuries are perfect with champagne or wine (they are often served during wine-tastings). Cheese gougères are essentially French cheese puffs.