You can cook Pasta Smorgasbord using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta Smorgasbord
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 cups of green beans, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, chopped coarsely.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno pepper, chopped coarsely.
- You need of Pasta of choice (I use macaroni or baby shells).
Pasta Smorgasbord step by step
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Transfer meat mixture to a large, covered saucepan..
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, beef broth, basil, oregano, green beans, red pepper and jalapeno pepper. Cover and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until green beans and peppers are tender..
- Cook preferred pasta as per package directions. Shortly before serving, add approximately 6 cups of the cooked pasta and heat through..
- Serve and enjoy!.