Homemade mac and cheese. Duh, that's what Mac and cheese is about!! This homemade mac and cheese sauce starts with a roux. It's a mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour that is used to create thick sauces.
He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper. I used three different cheese and a homemade cheese sauce to take this macaroni and cheese. You can have Homemade mac and cheese using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade mac and cheese
- You need of Any kind of noodles.
- Prepare 1 of lot of garlic.
- It’s 2 of teapoons of onion and parsley.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of For the cheese sauce.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz.) of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
Easy homemade mac and cheese recipe. Creamy, cheesy, rich and super delicious macaroni and cheese recipe. My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby cheese are all great in this recipe.
Homemade mac and cheese instructions
- Make the noodles. I like to season the noodles as well. So I put the salt and some garlic powder..
- Melt the butter and the cream cheese. Keep stirring you dont want it to stick or burn..
- Add the sauce to the noodles and add the garlic salt and pepper and stir the snot out of it… add more cheese to it and keep stirring it…. I like to keep the burner on low it helps the cheese to melt to it….
- Mix some of the cheese to it and stir it. And milk.
- Taste it to make sure it is the way you like it and boom done….
Sharp cheddar in particular is a favorite for flavor. If you've never made homemade mac and cheese before, it can seem a bit daunting. But don't worry, we'll break it down and take it step by step! Mac and Cheese can be made ahead: Make as directed (but do not bake), transfer to baking dish and cool completely. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate.