Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole. Especially sour cream chicken enchiladas that are easy to make!! They can be a bit labor intensive so I made them into more of a casserole. This easy to make Slow Cooker Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole will cure your ills!!
You saved Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole to your Favorites. Sour Cream Enchiladas are really easy to make too! The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Enchiladas recipe!
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sonja's sour cream enchilada casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Especially sour cream chicken enchiladas that are easy to make!! They can be a bit labor intensive so I made them into more of a casserole. This easy to make Slow Cooker Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole will cure your ills!!
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sonja's sour cream enchilada casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole:
- Prepare of Enchilada Cream Sauce.
- Make ready 1 cup of sour cream.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of favorite Salsa.
- Take 3 tbsp of warm water.
- Make ready 1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup.
- Take of Enchiladas.
- Take 1 packages of Flour Tortillas – usually takes 8 large.
- Make ready 1 lb of shredded cheeese.
- Make ready 1 1/2 lb of cooked ground beef or shredded chicken (optional: flavor with 1/2 taco seasoning packet).
The ones with the lid are really handy if you are taking this dish somewhere. This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled. It's basically my favorite cream cheese chicken enchiladas in pie form. My kids are straight up obsessed with those enchiladas and I love them, too.
Steps to make Sonja's Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mix together creamy enchilada sauce ingredients (sour cream, soup, salsa, water).
- Pour thin layer of enchilada cream sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish. Set both aside..
- Mix together slightly cooled ground beef and shredded cheese. Leave out a small amount of shredded cheese to sprinkle on top of casserole before baking..
- Dip one tortilla in warm water and lay flat. Put a good amount of the beef & cheese mixture in the center of the tortilla and roll up in to an enchilada fashion..
- Lay enchiladas into single layer rows until casserole dish is full. (Can usually fit around 8 enchiladas if using large tortillas.).
- Pour the remaining creamy enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top..
- Bake at 350°F for 15 – 20 minutes..
These are the same ingredients used to make chicken enchiladas, but easier than rolling up a bunch of tortillas. Great for lazy people like me! These Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are so ridiculously creamy and delicious. If you're in the mood for a Mexican inspired casserole dish, then these are definitely for you. I'm an enchilada addict and love them, green, red and white or any combination therein.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sonja's sour cream enchilada casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!