Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake. Delightfully crispy and flavorful, these authentic German potato pancakes, Kartoffelpuffer, are fun to make and even more delicious. Serve these simple potato pancakes with applesauce, sour cream, or smoked salmon. Variations of potato pancakes are extremely popular in many parts of the world, including the United States.
German potato pancakes are delicious discs of pan-fried grated potatoes – golden and crispy on the outside with a fluffy potato middle. Stir in eggs, flour and salt immediately. Applesauce is the perfect foil for these savory, golden fried pancakes, a mix of starchy potatoes, flour, and eggs.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, kartoffelpuffer / potato pancake. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Delightfully crispy and flavorful, these authentic German potato pancakes, Kartoffelpuffer, are fun to make and even more delicious. Serve these simple potato pancakes with applesauce, sour cream, or smoked salmon. Variations of potato pancakes are extremely popular in many parts of the world, including the United States.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook kartoffelpuffer / potato pancake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake:
- Make ready 1/5 kg of potatoes (peeled, and grated).
- Make ready 1 of onion (can be grated, or finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Get 1/5 tsp of chicken stock.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Get of Muskatnuss.
- Make ready of Black pepper.
- Get of Salt.
- Get 100 gr of smoke salmon.
The holidays are in full swing and I may have already gained a few pounds from all of the eggnog and cookies. The cookies I was not supposed to eat, but rather gift. Kartoffelpuffer – Potato Pancakes Recipe is a real treat. The potato pancakes are so yummy that you would think that making them is a.
Steps to make Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake:
- Place the grated potato in a bowl, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add the egg, corn starch, onion, chicken stock, Muskatnuss, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix them well.
- Heat some oil in the pan.
- Using a table spoon, place the mixture in to the pan, and flatten into pancakes with the back side of the spoon.
- Fry it on both side until the color turn into golden brown.
- Set it aside.
- For Dip: 50 gr cream cheese 2 tbsp Greek yogurt 1 tbsp chopped rucola Salt, and black pepper Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/u9nQ2Ud59Dc.
Apart from Kartoffelpuffer, potato pancakes are also known as Reibekuchen and Kartoffelpfannkuchen in Germany. Although the Reibekuchen always contain salt, they are often. German potato pancakes (called Kartoffelpuffer or Reibekuchen) make a hearty low FODMAP breakfast option, especially when you pair them with bacon, scrambled eggs and baby spinach. Kartoffelpuffers are German potato pancakes (similar to potato rosti) these are so delicious and easy to make. By Eddie Jordan @EDWARDCARL. of potato mixture into skillet at a time pressing each down firmly with a spatula to firm down each pancake.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food kartoffelpuffer / potato pancake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!