Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version). After the peppers and onions have softened, return the sliced sausage to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, basil For a little healthier twist, we sometimes substitute hot chicken sausage instead of regular sausage and pair it. Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta-this colorful pasta dish is easy to make and full of flavor! I am very pregnant and not in the mood to cook on most days.
This Italian sausage and peppers pasta recipe is one of my favorite pasta recipes! It's simple and satisfying, with sautéed One Pan Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta. In my never ending quest for quick, healthy, and tasty. You can have Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version)
- Prepare 1 pack of is Italian sausage (2-3 lbs).
- Prepare 3-4 of red peppers chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need of Olive oil for sautéing.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 box of Dreamfields pasta 13.5 oz.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of pack low fat cream cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need to taste of Red crushed pepper flakes.
- It’s of Fresh parsley for garnish.
All Reviews for Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions. I cut the sausage (used half spicy, half sweet) prior to cooking. (If you cut it slightly frozen, it is much easier to cut without it falling apart, so either don't defrost all the way, or stick into the freezer to slightly freeze) Made these. Watch Tamara Melton, MS, RDN, LD, make this nutritious Spicy Peppers and Sausage Pasta, featuring proper food preparation techniques so you can see how it's. This spicy Italian sausage pasta recipe is fast, easy, and uses minimal ingredients.
Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add sausage onto greased on sheet and cook for 30 min. Then flip and cook for another 10 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile sauté the chopped veggies and garlic in olive oil until soft..
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking dice up the cooked sausage and add in. The last 2 min of the pasta cooking, add the cream cheese to sit on top of dish to soften. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
It's the perfect weeknight dinner that tastes like it came from a Pro tip: Want to make this pasta more spicy? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes. On the flip side, if you don't want it to be spicy. This hearty pasta recipe with sausage and peppers will be a new family favorite. Savory sausage and sweet red peppers are a winning combination!