Halloumi with an orange dressing. Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrot ribbons into the dressing bowl and toss gently. Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and cook the halloumi for a few mins until golden on both sides. Toss the watercress through the dressed carrots.
Drizzle with the orange dressing and serve. spiced orange vinaigrette. Whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, orange zest, shallot, garlic, allspice, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. You can cook Halloumi with an orange dressing using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halloumi with an orange dressing
- You need of Halloumi from Cyprus.
- You need of juice of 1 orange.
- It’s 3-4 of figs.
- You need 10 pieces of grape.
This keeps great in the fridge for a few days! G iancarlo learnt how to make this punchy orange dressing in Bistrot de Venise restaurant in Venice. The dressing can be made in advance but fry the halloumi just before serving. Scatter over orange segments, onion, toasted almond flakes and pumpkin seeds.
Halloumi with an orange dressing instructions
- Cook the halloumi in an iron skillet or a non-stick pan until golden brown..
- Add the orange juice and leave it until it is reduced and thickened..
- Serve, placing round slices of an orange around the edge of a plate, as well as peeled figs and the grapes..
Keep leftover dressing in a clean bottle or container in the fridge for up to a week and use as needed on various salads. When cooked remove from the pan and set aside. Place the watercress, toasted pine nuts and orange segments into a bowl. The Best Halloumi Salad Dressing Recipes on Yummly Dry-fry the halloumi in a non-stick frying pan until golden.