Cheesy ham & potatoes. This cheesy ham chowder is the most mouthwatering solution! I usually make this to use up leftover ham. This is easy to adapt with other ingredients.
This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way Do you make a ham for the holidays and tend to have leftovers? Well, this soup along with Easy Ham. Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole (With Video). You can have Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- It’s 3 tbs of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 c of milk.
- It’s to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- Prepare 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional: crushed red pepper.
Ham and potato casserole is a mouthwatering dinner idea your entire family will love! This Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to throw together, and will quickly become a family favorite. It's my favorite meal on a cold chilly day, and tastes amazing. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor!
Cheesy ham & potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham chunks, so if you love hearty, warm soups, I. This impressive-looking casserole bakes up puffy and golden with pockets of fresh corn and savory ham. Think of it as a soufflé without the work. Layer the ham, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and the sauteed onion in the crust-lined plate. Keyword: Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Quiche.