Sunni Mack 'n Mad Apple Stew.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sunni mack 'n mad apple stew. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sunni Mack 'n Mad Apple Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Sunni Mack 'n Mad Apple Stew is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sunni mack 'n mad apple stew using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sunni Mack 'n Mad Apple Stew:
- Prepare 2-3 of fresh mackerel, gutted and cleaned.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Make ready 2 of dried chipotle chillies.
- Prepare 1 of large dried ancho chilli.
- Take 2 tsp of chili flakes.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Take 5 of large fresh chillies – as hot as you dare.
- Make ready 1 of garlic clove, peeled.
- Take 2 of tsps sherry vinegar.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- Get 1 tsp of coarsely ground sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of preserved lemon.
- Take 1 tsp of rose petals.
- Take of Stew.
- Make ready 15 of garden eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of organic cold-pressed rapeseed oil.
- Take 1 of large white onion.
- Prepare 1 of ‘big boy’ jalapeno.
- Get of large handful thankuni (centella) leaves.
- Get 350 g of tomatoes, 12oz (1 ½ cups).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 2 tbsps of dried shrimp.
- Get 1 of large sprig Vietnamese coriander.
- Get of juice of ½ a jara lebu or lemon.
Steps to make Sunni Mack 'n Mad Apple Stew:
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Put the dried chipotle and ancho chillies in a metal bowl, add hot water and set aside to soften. Toast the cumin and caraway seeds and set aside. Put the fresh chillies in a small baking dish and roast for 10 minutes until charred. Tip into a bowl and cover with clingfilm..
- When cool, peel the roasted chillies, discarding the skin, then put the flesh and the seeds into a food processor. Drain the dried chipotle and ancho chillies and add to the food processor along with the cumin seeds, caraway seeds, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, lemon and petals. Blitz to a paste..
- Slash the flesh of the mackerel and slather with the paste and leave to marinade for half an hour..
- To make the stew, remove the stems and wash and quarter the garden eggs. Boil in salted water for 15 minutes..
- Whilst the garden eggs are boiling, peel and cut the onions in two and thinly slice, deseed and chop the tomatoes and remove the stalk from the scotch bonnet and finely chop. Finely chop the stalks of the thankuni and roughly chop the leaves. Remove the leaves from the coriander stalk and slice thinly..
- Heat the oil gently in a skillet and gently saute the onions and scotch bonnet until the onion browns on the edges. Drain the garden eggs..
- Add the tomatoes and thankuni and cook for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add the garden eggs and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes. Add in the shrimp and half the coriander, check for seasoning and turn off the heat. Adjust the seasoning and add a squeeze of the jara lebu..
- Grill the mackerel on a bbq for 3-5 minutes either side until the flesh comes away easily from the bone..
- Place a large spoonful of garden egg stew on a plate and top with the remaining shredded coriander leaves and a squeeze of the jara lebu..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sunni mack 'n mad apple stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!