Rigatoni pasta pie. In the meantime, cook the rigatoni until it's slightly underdone. Drain and rinse with cool water. A Rigatoni Pasta Pie recipe that is not only impressive but easier to make than you'd think.
Just watch the video for you to learn on how to do or make pasta pie. Drain the pasta and place in a bowl with a little olive oil so the pasta doesn't stick together. Arrange the pasta vertically in the prepared springform pan. You can cook Rigatoni pasta pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- Prepare 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of Butter for pan.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
Pack the rigatoni in somewhat tightly until the pan is full. Just rigatoni pasta, melted mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. The magic behind this elegant and eye-catching dish is actually really simple: layer rigatoni pasta stuffed with. Can you even begin to believe what you're looking at?
Rigatoni pasta pie instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
Is it a deep dish pizza pie? You don't even have to say it. When I say Rigatoni Pasta Pie I always say it like Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally, when he and Meg Ryan. This homemade rigatoni pasta pie is surprisingly easy to make and gives you Instagram-worthy visual results. Happily, it tastes just as good as it looks.