Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce. This is the fastest, easiest way to make pasta sauce from scratch. The secret is using cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are almost always sweeter, riper.
Cherry tomatoes are almost always sweeter, riper, and higher in pectin than larger tomatoes at the supermarket. All of these factors mean that cherry tomatoes are fantastic for making a rich, thick, flavorful pasta sauce. Tomatoes And Sausage Recipes on Yummly You can cook Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce
- It’s 1/2 pound of penne pasta.
- It’s 25 of cherry tomatoes halved.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 3 of dates diced.
- You need 3 of gloves garlic sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Use your summer crop of cherry tomatoes to make Chef John's recipe for cherry tomato sauce with penne pasta. Ended up adding it to another pasta sauce because I didn't want to waste my tomatoes. I definitely would not recommend this recipe. Sweet cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil — how can you go wrong?
Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce instructions
- Boil water for pasta. Make sure to heavily salt water before adding the pasta..
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add tomatoes and garlic.
- When tomatoes begin to release juices, add the dates to the pan.
- Add white wine and cook until alcohol is burned off.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the pan and continue to cook until tomatoes break down.
- Strain pasta and add directly to the pan.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!.
I even like it better than pasta all checca, which is essentially the same thing, but raw. I love the silkiness of the barely cooked tomatoes and how it coats the pasta. You get a little more depth of flavor when you cook the garlic. This Pappardelle Pasta with a Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce is really Use up those cherry tomatoes before they go bad. You can even freeze this sauce to use it when you I am genuinely making this for a first 'me making dinner' date with a new boy.