Bacon and Spinach Penne Pasta. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. This chicken pasta with spinach and bacon in creamy tomato sauce is simply amazing. The DELICIOUS creamy sauce permeates every single bite of this dish!
Penne Pasta With Italian Sausage And A Creamy Tomato Sauce (Easy Pasta Recipe). Place bacon in the skillet, and cook Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted. Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive. You can have Bacon and Spinach Penne Pasta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon and Spinach Penne Pasta
- It’s 2 of servings Pasta (penne).
- You need 4 of strips Bacon.
- Prepare 4 of bunches Spinach.
- It’s 70 ml of Pasta cooking water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 of Eggs (optional).
Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted. Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the bacon. This penne pasta toss, featuring asparagus, spinach, and bacon, comes together in a snap on busy weeknights. Complement it with a glass of white wine, such as sauvignon blanc, and garlic-Parmesan breadsticks.
Bacon and Spinach Penne Pasta instructions
- Cut the bacon into 3cm pieces, and the spinach into 4cm pieces..
- Boil the penne..
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the garlic and bacon in olive oil..
- Once the bacon begins to cook, add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper (slightly saltier than what you're used to should be fine)..
- Once the spinach has wilted, mix in the pasta and reserved pasta water. Lightly simmer together. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper to taste and serve..
- The dish tastes even better if you top it with a poached egg, or a fresh egg yolk..
Since this dish contains a sizable quantity of spinach, bacon and penne pasta, it may be on the heavier side of things, but it is still very delicious and healthy for your body. The protein will go inside your body and. Wilted spinach, bacon (or pancetta) and tomatoes are tossed with penne pasta. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Bacon, spinach, and Parmesan are not exactly the least expensive ingredients on the planet, so you do have to be a bit careful with this one.