Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta. A simple spicy shrimp pasta that's perfect for the summertime! Similar to the shrimp fra diavolo you get at Italian restaurants, this recipe is made with lots of garlic and cherry tomatoes bursting with summer goodness. This spicy shrimp pasta has everything you crave for in an Italian pasta: easy creamy tomato sauce made from scratch, seafood, spices (garlic, paprika Penne is perfect for this pasta dish as it holds the sauce very well, and with every bite you will get not only pasta and shrimp but a generous scoop.
Spread evenly across the bottom of the pot and cook until the bottoms pink and slightly brown Flip and repeat until shrimp are just cooked through. Remove the shrimp and place in a small bowl to the side. A flavorful tomato sauce that's a cinch to make and rock shrimp that come already peeled mean a weeknight dinner recipe has never been so easy—or delicious. You can cook Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 packages of of pasta of choice.
- Prepare 1 cup of of spinach.
- It’s 1 lb of frozen or fresh shrimp peeled and deveined.
- You need 2 tsp of dried or fresh oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of starch water.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper flakes to your liking.
- It’s 1 of shaved parmesan to top to your liking.
- You need 1 of sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s 1 of handful parsley.
- You need 1 of handful of basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
Using a spider or a slotted spoon, transfer pasta to pot with sauce; add shrimp and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid. A quick and easy recipe for spicy shrimp and blistered cherry tomato pasta. Shrimp – cleaned, shells removed, deveined Olive oil ½ cup grape tomatoes. Mix tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt and red pepper in large saucepan.
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta instructions
- If using frozen shrimp place them in a drainer and run cool water over them until thawed. If using fresh shrimp, rinse them under cool water and set to side..
- Pour Olive oil and butter in skillet or sautee pan set on medium heat..
- Fill a pot up with enough water for pasta, salt heavily and set on high heat..
- While Olive oil and butter is melting mince garlic and chop onions. Add garlic and onions when the butter is melted..
- Add pasta and spinach(I use frozen, it sticks to the pasta better than fresh) to boiling water and cook until tender. See cooking directions on package..
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for one minute if using frozen, if using fresh cook until no longer translucent. Don't over cook or they will be rubbery. Remove shrimp and place in a bowl..
- Pour cans of diced tomatoes to skillet, add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Use as little or as much red pepper flakes you want, I love it spicy..
- Add a cup of the pasta water to tomatoes(i use a coffee mug and dip it in the hot water). Let tomatoes shimmer for a few minutes, until pasta is done..
- Add shrimp to tomatoes, and drain pasta. Put pasta back in pot and add the tomato and shrimp sauce to pasta..
- Simmer pasta and sauce and let the flavors marry and get to know each other!.
- When sauce has thickened a bit turn heat off, top with parsley, cheese and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy with a salad or garlic bread or both;) I always add more cheese and red pepper flakes to my personal plate! Like I said, I like it spicy!.
Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally so that they cook evenly. Once the vegetables are softened, add the tomatoes to the saucepot, return to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the sauce is thickened. Learn how to make Pasta with Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Sauce.