Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers. Thai Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce – the gold standard of authentic Thai food! Marinated chicken with a peanut sauce that's so good, everyone will be begging for the recipe – and will be astonished how EASY it is! Serve this with steamed jasmine or Coconut Rice.
Find the easy print recipe at. From food writer Alice Currah, these grilled Thai curry chicken skewers are a crowd pleaser for all ages. How To Make Grilled Thai Curry Chicken skewers.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, street food thai chicken skewers. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thai Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce – the gold standard of authentic Thai food! Marinated chicken with a peanut sauce that's so good, everyone will be begging for the recipe – and will be astonished how EASY it is! Serve this with steamed jasmine or Coconut Rice.
Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook street food thai chicken skewers using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers:
- Make ready 6-8 of Chicken Thighs.
- Make ready 2 Teaspoons of Thai Spice (see pic).
- Make ready 2 Teaspoons of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Make ready 2 Teaspoons of Lemongrass purée.
- Take 1 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
- Take 2 Teaspoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Take 1 of Dessert spoon of sugar.
- Take of Salt & Pepper to season.
- Take 2 Teaspoons of Red or yellow food colouring (optional).
This both tenderizes the meat and ensures it cooks. These Thai chicken satay skewers with peanut sauce dip and sweet Thai pickles is in the style of one of the staple Thai Street Food snacks that is just everywhere in Thailand. If you've ever visited Thailand you will instantly recall images of smoking BBQ's covered with chicken skewered bamboo. By Caroline Hire – Food writer.
Instructions to make Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers:
- Skin the chicken thighs and trim any excess fat.
- The thighs contain a single bone, using a sharp knife remove the bone taking care not to leave to much meat behind..
- Dice the boneless thighs into similar sized cubes to ensure they all cook at the same rate..
- I am making 2 styles today, so I’ve divided the chicken into 2 separate bags. I use bags because it’s easier to massage in the marinade plus it keeps all the aroma in..
- The first bag I’ve added, Chinese 5 Spice, sugar, red food colouring, Soy Sauce, Smoked Paprika, Salt & Pepper..
- The next bag has Thai Spice, Lemongrass, sugar, yellow food colouring, Salt & Pepper.
- Massage the marinade into the meat thoroughly with both and refrigerate for around 2 hours, massaging the mix every 30 minutes to really get the flavours into the meat..
- I’m using traditional bamboo skewers but you can create party canapés by using cocktail sticks. Fill the skewers with the chicken leaving space to hold one end for turning when cooking and of course eating..
- Preheat a pan to medium heat, I do not use oil as I have a nonstick pan. Lay the skewers in the pan and place a lid on top, this helps the cooking process with the steam created. Turn the kebabs every couple of minutes to get all over even cooking..
- In all the kebabs will take 10 minutes to cook. Test one cube by removing it and cut it in half to ensure it’s cooked thoroughly.
- That’s it, you are ready to serve, eaten as a snack or with rice, you can use Sweet Chilli Sauce or Plum Sauce is nice. Enjoy !.
Grilled chicken kebab skewers marinated in fragrant Asian spices make the perfect easy canapé. These Thai chicken skewers are a super easy to make dish. Perfect for meal prep or even parties. These Thai chicken skewers were born from my love of cooking with left over food and coming up with new and inventive dishes. Thai fried chicken is a popular street food in Thailand, eaten as both a finger food and main course dish.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food street food thai chicken skewers recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!