You can have Japanese Cheesecake using 11 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Cheesecake
- It’s of creamcheese at room temperature.
- You need of egg whites.
- It’s of egg yolks.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of soft butter.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of corn flour.
- It’s of lemon juice.
Japanese Cheesecake instructions
- Line cake tin with parchment paper.
- Cover baking tin with foil twice. Cake tin should have 2 coatings of foil.
- Sieve flour and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add creamcheese, butter and milk.
- Using Double boiler method, melt and whisk the mixture well.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add egg yolks and whisk well.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add egg whites to batter and whisk.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and tap gently.
- Place cake tin on baking tray filled with hot water.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in preheated oven at 170 deg until top is golden brown.
- Leave cheesecake in oven for 20-30 minutes with oven door slightly open.
- Now remove foils and parchment paper. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Demould and transfer to serving plate. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut and serve.