Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese. Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Penne Salad with Goat Cheese. While the pasta is cooking, put the asparagus and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the asparagus, pasta and goat cheese and toss until well-mixed.
Top with goat cheese and serve. Cook your penne pasta according to the directions printed on the packaging. Skip adding salt and oil while it's being cooked to maximize the healthy goodness of this pasta salad treat. You can cook Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese
- You need 2 cup of penne pasta.
- Prepare 12 of Asparagus Spears.
- It’s 12 of Cherry Tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt (divided).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper (divided).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced Shallots.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried herbes de provence.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of honey.
- You need 2 cup of Arugula.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chevre.
While waiting for the oven to be prepped, neatly arrange your asparagus and cherry tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan. Penne pasta with asparagus, tomatoes and pancetta. Here's another great quick and easy weeknight dinner idea: penne pasta (smooth or ridged — rigate) tossed with asparagus, some crisp, smoky pancetta (or bacon), and juicy cherry tomatoes. Add the cherry tomatoes and peas.
Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside..
- Place asparagus and tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss gently to coat; arrange asparagus and tomato mixture in a single layer. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus from pan. Place pan back in oven, and bake tomatoes an additional 4 minutes. Remove tomatoes from pan; let asparagus and tomatoes stand 10 minutes. Cut.
- Combine shallots and the next 4 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper..
- Place pasta, asparagus, tomato, olives, and arugula in a large bowl; toss. Drizzle juice mixture over pasta mixture; toss. Sprinkle with cheese..
Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer. Transfer the asparagus mixture to a large serving bowl. Toss well, adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to loosen the pasta. Put the asparagus into a roasting tin, then toss with the oil and pancetta. Stir well until everything is glistening, then serve in.