Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Cheese.
You can have Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Cheese using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Cheese
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of baby bell mushrooms, washed and sliced.
- Prepare of garlic clove, minced.
- It’s of fresh Thyme leaves.
- It’s of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s of extra large or jumbo eggs.
- It’s of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or Gruyere).
- It’s of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need of heavy cream or whole milk.
Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 400F. Melt the butter in a medium oven proof pan over medium high heat. When the butter is foaming, add the mushrooms and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and the thyme in the last 2 minutes of cooking..
- Using the back of your spoon, make 4 wells in the mushrooms and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with both cheeses and drizzle cream or milk on top. Transfer these pan to the oven and bake until the whites are set, but yolks are runny – about 6-8 minutes..
- Note, also works well with sauteed spinach in place of mushrooms..