Baked Piroshki Buns- Potato, Cabbage, & cheese 🥔🥬🧀.
You can have Baked Piroshki Buns- Potato, Cabbage, & cheese 🥔🥬🧀 using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Piroshki Buns- Potato, Cabbage, & cheese 🥔🥬🧀
- It’s of Dough (Check out my "Everything Dough" recipe!).
- It’s of Chopped Cabbage.
- Prepare of medium sized Potato's chopped into cubes.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Vegtable oil.
- You need of beaten egg.
- You need of water.
- You need of water.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of garlic chopped.
Baked Piroshki Buns- Potato, Cabbage, & cheese 🥔🥬🧀 step by step
- In a medium pot bring 4 cups of water to boil. Once water is boiling add in the chopped potato's. Let potatoes boil tell tender. When Potato's are close to finish add in chopped cabbage and let blanch in the hot water (do not fully cook). Remove potato's and cabbage and drain. Take beaten egg and add 1 Tbs of water to create an egg wash for the buns, set aside for later..
- In a medium sized skillet add oil and let heat up at medium heat. Once pan is heated add in garlic. Add potato's and cabbage to the pan and then add seasonings: onion powder, salt, pepper. Let mixture sautee for 5-10 minutes on medium- low heat. (Keep an eye on this in order to not overcook cabbage) cabbage should be translucent in appearance. Remove from heat and let sit covered until it cools down..
- Take dough (try my Everything dough recipe!) And roll out into small 3-4' circles. Put the pressed circle in the palm of your hand and add some of the potato and cabbage filling, add a pinch of cheese, then pull the dough up and around the filling and pinch it tightly closed. Repeat..
- Place the bun seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Make sure to space the buns about 2 inch's apart. Brush each bun with the egg wash mixture and let the buns set aside for 30-40min to rise..
- Bake rolls at 375* for 20min, or until buns reach a golden brown color. Let cool then enjoy!.