Sauerkraut Spätzle. I had the sauerkraut cooking for several hours prior to making the spaetzle to mellow it. Remove the cloves, bay leaf and juniper berries and discard. Add the drained Spätzle to the sauerkraut and stir until well mixed.
Toss the spaetzle with the sauerkraut and serve. This wonderful Krautspaetzle is served at German fairs and homes, and is a traditional dish from Schwabia.. When the bacon is nice and crunchy, add the cooked spaetzle to the same pan and cook until just a bit golden.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sauerkraut spätzle. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sauerkraut Spätzle is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Sauerkraut Spätzle is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
I had the sauerkraut cooking for several hours prior to making the spaetzle to mellow it. Remove the cloves, bay leaf and juniper berries and discard. Add the drained Spätzle to the sauerkraut and stir until well mixed.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have sauerkraut spätzle using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sauerkraut Spätzle:
- Get 250 g of sauerkraut, drained (about 2 cups).
- Take 1/2 of onion.
- Take 1 Tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of juniper berries.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of whole cloves.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of (+ 1/4 cup for later) chicken, vegetable or other broth.
- Take of ***Spätzle***.
- Make ready 2 of servings packaged Spätzle or homemade one with recipe listed in Story section.
- Prepare of ***Toppings***.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of chopped parsley to garnish.
- Get 1/2 of onion, for frying into crispy onions.
- Take 1 tbsp of butter (for frying onion).
Add the cooked sauerkraut and stir well. When the bacon is nice and crunchy, fry the Spaetzle in the same pan until they are just a bit golden. Add the cooked Sauerkraut and stir well. Just before serving, throw in the chopped parsley for some fresh color.
Steps to make Sauerkraut Spätzle:
- Slice onions thin and fry them in a sauce pan until translucent..
- Add drained sauerkraut and the spices. Sauté for a 3-4 minutes..
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Turn to low, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes until sauerkraut is soft. Make sure you check the level of liquid a few times during the cooking to make sure it hasn't cooked away completely. Add a little water if too dry..
- Meanwhile make the Spätzle. You can use packaged one or use my recipe here to make it homemade: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/279900-homemade-spatzle.
- Once sauerkraut is ready and Spätzle is cooked, add 1/4 cup broth to the sauerkraut and bring to a simmer again. Remove the cloves, bay leaf and juniper berries and discard..
- Add the drained Spätzle to the sauerkraut and stir until well mixed..
- For the other half of the onion, slice it thin and brown it in butter until crispy (but not burnt!).
- Dish out krautspätzle into serving dishes and top with the fried onions and chopped parsley. Sprinkle pepper to taste..
Fry up the sausages and place on top of the Spaetzle. Place half of the spaetzle in a glass baking dish and add a layer of sauerkraut on top. Add another layer of spaetzle and sauerkraut. Cover the pan to keep the dish warm. In a separate pan melt the butter and add breadcrumbs just long enough to moisten them.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food sauerkraut spätzle recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!